List of Frequently Asked Questions
- How do class packs work? I am planning to attend class with two of my friends, should I purchase a 3 pack?
- I purchased a 2 pack and booked a spot for class. Does this mean my friend can come with me?
- I purchased a class pack planning to visit with friends. Can you refund me for the extra class credits I don’t need?
- Where is the best place to park? Do you validate parking?
- How does the waitlist work?
- If I’m on a waitlist, what are my chances of actually getting into the class?
- Are men welcome to participate in your classes?
- Do I need to wear a mask during class?
- What safety standards are in place to minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19?
- I want to join a class with a group of my friends! Is there a way to know how many spots are available in the class?
- I have never exercised on a trampoline before. What can I expect?
- What should I wear to class?
- Is bouncing on a trampoline safe to do during pregnancy?
- What type of trampolines do you use during class?
- Where should I go to purchase a trampoline?
- How much weight can the trampolines handle?
- I can no longer attend the class that I booked. How can I reschedule?
- Do you offer classes during weeknights?
- I am trying to sign up for class but there isn’t a button to book. Is there something wrong with the website?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- I’m feeling sick and not sure if I should still attend class. What should I do?
- I have a large group of people who want to take class together! Do you host private classes?
- When is the studio on Province Street going to reopen?
- I purchased classes prior to the shutdown last spring but I have not been able to use them. What are my options?
Q: Can you explain how the class packs work? I am planning to attend class with two of my friends, should I purchase a 3 pack?
A: No, class packs are intended for individuals who plan to attend more than one class. A class pack should only be purchased by an individual who plans to attend multiple classes.
Q: I purchased 2 pack and booked a spot for class. Does this mean my friend can come with me?
A: No, If you purchase a 2 pack (or 3 pack) and book a spot in class, this does not mean you have reserved additional spots for your friends! Your friends will still need to make their own booking.
Q: I just realized my friend needs their own account but I have already purchased a class pack! Can I get refunded for the extra class credits I don’t need?
A: We’ll help you out! Email email@example.com and we will fix it for you.
Q: Where is the best place to park?
A: There are plenty of places to park in Seaport, but parking spots can still be expensive and very difficult to find!
We recommend using SpotHero.com to reserve your parking spot before coming to class. For $10, you can reserve a parking spot at 390 Congress Street in Seaport. It’s less than a 5 minute walk to The Grand!
Q: I noticed the class I want to book is waitlist only. Can you explain how the waitlist works?
A: Guests on the waitlist will be added to the class as guests already signed up decide to drop out. If you get into class off of the waitlist, you will be notified with an email and text.
If you don’t get into class, you will be able to use your class credit for a future booking.
Q: I’m on a waitlist, but what are my chances of actually getting in?
A: It depends how long you have until class begins! Typically, multiple people move their bookings around during the week and several people on the waitlist ultimately end up being invited into the class.
Q: Are men welcome to participate in your classes?
A: We get this a lot! The answer is YES, everyone is invited to participate in our classes! Bouncing on a trampoline is a great workout and, as always, EVERYONE is welcome at Barre Groove.
Q: Do I need to wear a mask during class?
A: YES! The latest mask wearing guidance from the state of Massachusetts-COVID-19 Order 55– requires everyone to wear a mask while in public spaces. The only exceptions are for individuals with a medical or disabling condition.
Q: What precautions are you taking at The Grand to minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19?
A: We have rigorous safety standards in place that ensure we remain compliant with the Massachusetts COVID-19 guidelines at all times.
Below is a list of some of the most common safety standards that we are asked about:
- Guests are required to wear face coverings during class and all “workout zones” are physically distanced by at least 6 feet
- Capacity is limited to less than 5% of The Grand’s maximum permitted occupancy
- All trampolines and installed barriers are cleaned regularly.
- Visual markers are installed to encourage guests to remain at least 6 feet apart while moving throughout the space
- Visible signage is posted to guide visitor pathways in and out of entrance and exit to minimize contact
- Payment is completed electronically in advance and sign-in is contactless using the Barre Groove mobile app
Q: My friend’s birthday is coming up and a group of us would like to attend class together. Is there a way to know how many spots are available in the class?
A: If you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us the date and time of the class you’re looking to book we can let you know how many slots are available!
Q: I have never exercised (rebounding) on a trampoline before. What can I expect?
A: You’re going to have a lot of fun!
Some of the most popular benefits of bouncing are listed below:
It’s a fun way to do cardio and help lose weight
Bouncing is unique because it engages your entire body. After just a few minutes of bouncing your body will be sweating and your heart rate will be elevated.
It’s low impact on joints
You don’t need to be a marathon runner to appreciate how hard running can be on your joints- especially your knees! Bouncing on trampolines has been found to eliminate approximately 80% of the impact on your joints compared to traditional running.
It’s an effective complementary workout to running routines
NASA completed a study that found trampoline exercises are up to 68% more effective than jogging.
Q: What should I wear to class?
A: All you need for bouncing is a pair of sneakers. We recommend a quality sports bra as well.
Q: Is bouncing on a trampoline safe to do during pregnancy?
A: Bouncing on a trampoline is not recommended during pregnancy.
Our official advice is to consult your doctor, but the guidance we have been given is anything that makes you more at risk of falling down should be avoided during pregnancy.
Q: What type of trampolines do you use during class?
A: We’re partnered with JumpSport for the trampolines we use in class. There are lots of celebrities and athletes who use their trampolines. Eva Longoria, Rob Gronkowski, and Camille Kostek just to name a few.
We use JumpSport 370’s in all of our classes at Barre Groove.
Q: Where can I go to purchase a trampoline?
A: You can purchase one on JumpSport’s website and you can save 10% on your purchase of any model 300 (or model 500) trampoline if you use promo code BARREGROOVE10
Q: How much weight can the trampolines handle?
A: The trampolines are rated for up to 275 pounds.
Q: I love Barre Groove classes! Do you offer any that I can take during the week?
A: Yes! We have a collection of virtual classes online in our Barre Groove On Demand platform. It’s $25/month and we add classes every weekday.
Q: I went to sign up for class but there isn’t a button to book. Is there something wrong with the website?
A: If there isn’t a button to book, it means the class and the waitlist are completely full.
Q: I’m not going to be able to make it to class during the time I booked. What is your cancellation policy?
A: Bounce at The Grand classes are subject to a 18-hour late cancellation policy. Any classes missed or cancelled within 18 hours of class will be charged a full class credit. Exceptions will be made to our policy in emergency and delicate situations.
Q: I’m feeling sick and am not sure I should still attend class. What should I do?
A: First off, if you’re feeling sick- especially if you have any of the common symptoms of COVID-19- please DON’T COME TO CLASS! Reach out to us at email@example.com with as much notice as you can provide and we will work out a solution!
Q: I have a large group of people who want to take a class together. Do you host private classes at The Grand?
A: Yes, we do! Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to get something booked on the schedule!
Q: When is the studio going to reopen?
A: We won’t be able to re-open the studio until restrictions are eased to the point where we can safely host at least a dozen socially distanced guests in each class.
Q: I purchased classes prior to to the shutdown but haven’t been able to use them. What are my options?
A: Please email us at email@example.com and we will restore your class credits for future use.
Can’t find an answer to your question?