Barre Groove is a boutique fitness studio that was founded in 2017 in downtown Boston. Despite being awarded “Best Barre Studio” by Boston Magazine’s Best of Boston 2019, BG offers far more than a traditional “ballet barre” studio. In addition to barre, BG offers hybrid bounce and dance classes all designed to help their guests burn fat, sculpt muscles, and create long lean physiques with low-impact exercise.
The driving force behind BG’s success is the talented staff that are able to create a welcoming and friendly atmosphere for everyone who enters the studio. Each instructor is skilled (and confident) enough to teach effective technique, while also having the creativity and versatility to provide new choreography and fun, motivating music for every class format.
Barre Groove is seeking versatile, confident individuals that are self-motivated and have a passion for fitness. A passion for Barre Groove and prior knowledge of the brand are highly encouraged but is not a requirement. A background in fitness, dance, or cheerleading is preferred but is also not required. Musicality and the ability to confidently lead a room of 6-30 people are a must! If you are a good fit for the BG Squad, you will also be friendly, reliable, have a strong work ethic, be highly skilled at multitasking, have excellent communication skills, be passionate about fitness, and be genuine in your desire to help others.
- Enthusiastic, confident, and outgoing personality
- Ability and desire to build client relationships through outstanding customer service
- Dependable with a strong work ethic – natural willingness to go above & beyond
- Confidence to energetically command a room of 10-30 people
- Musicality – ability to keep rhythm and count to the beat of music
- Background in dance, fitness, cheerleading or barre concept (ideal but not required)
- Prior instructor experience (preferred but not required)
- Passion for fitness, wellness, and helping others
- Available to teach a minimum of 2 classes per week (classes are offered early mornings, midday, evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Diligent planning & preparation before each class, including diligent study of choreography and class planning prior to each class, as well as learning full choreography changes on a quarterly basis
- Required to attend quarterly instructor trainings
- Assist with keeping the studio tidy
- Ability to lift hand weights, demonstrate strong form, lead and maintain a high energy 45-minute class is required
- All instructors are required to complete the training program, as well as significant ‘at home’ study and preparation for certification before being eligible to teach classes on the BG schedule
- The training program costs $500 and requires a minimum one-year commitment to teaching before attending the training program
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Barre Groove instructors are paid a base rate of $40 per class
- Opportunities for growth within the studio including becoming senior instructors and participating in digital classes with the Barre Groove On Demand Platform
- Free unlimited membership to Barre Groove while employed
- Employee retail discounts on gear and equipment